Back Braces & Supports
Who would benefit from using a back brace?
1. Those of us who struggle to maintain proper posture because of an injury or a disease for an extended period and who need extra help in support, to safely perform day to day activities.
2. Those of us who want to avoid injury or further injury or reinjury while performing day to day activities.
You get rigid to soft and flexible Back braces, the more flexible they are the less support they provide. A brace that allows for some flexion is a better option than a rigid stiff brace for patients or athletes recovering from a minor back injury as it encourages some movement. Where you have been working with heavy weights which put extra strain on your back its important that you have the right support to avoid injury.
While some HealthCare Professionals suggest Back braces only be used during the intended activity, and encourage the user to seek treatment right away in order to strengthen the back and postural muscles with the hope that the Back brace may eventually no longer be required.
What to Consider when looking for a Back Brace?
- Is the Brace Bulky, Can you wear the brace over or under clothing, making it less noticeable.
- Can the Brace be worn in the heat of summer, does the brace and its material makeup allow for breathability,
- If the brace is to be worn regularly how does it cope with perspiration, and can it be easily cleaned.