Hand | Wrist - Braces & Supports
Hand and Wrist Braces & Stabilizers are made rigid to increase stability in your wrist or hand. Metal springs, rigid stays and or metal spoons are used as stabilizers to reduce mobility and promote healing of the hand and wrist.
The Hand and Wrist share the same risks as any other joint.
- If you fall or experience direct trauma, this can result in a sprain (injuries to the ligaments), or strain (injuries to the muscles and tendons) and possibly even a dislocation of the hand or wrist.
- Overuse Injuries found through repetitive work patterns,
- Factory work,
- activity involving long stretches of repetitive motion can result in carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is when the Nerves and blood cannot pass through the passageway into the hand and wrist because the passageway is swollen because of repeated stress and strain.
- With time Old injuries or degenerative disease process can cause irreversible damage
- The hand and wrist can be treated conservatively (avoiding surgery in many instances), with rest, ice, anti-inflammatories and bracing.
- A brace or support will promote healing through immobilising the hand and wrist.
« Previous Page 1 of 2 Next »